The ‘Don’t Call Me Old-Fashioned,’ Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
If you know Jared, our Bar Manager, you know he loves a good Dad Joke. But, it’s ap-parent that this isn’t one of them! His modern twist on a Dad classic, the Old Fashioned, both lifts the experience by using Rum instead of Whiskey and ensures it’s not too sweet by featuring Flor de Caña 12-year Rum - which is known for its more subtle sweetness.
Included in Anh and Chi’s: ‘Don’t Call Me Old-Fashioned’ Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit
- 1 bottle Flor de Caña 12-year
- 1x 5oz bottle of Pandan/Basil Syrup
- 1x 2oz bottle of Vanilla Angostura bitters
- 1x Fresh orange
What You Need:
- a 1oz shot glass (¼ cup measuring cup is also approx. 2oz!)
- the bottom half of a metal cocktail shaker or some sort of mixing glass
- 2oz Flor de Caña 12-year Rum
- ¼ oz Basil/Pandan Syrup
- 2 dashes Vanilla infused Angostura Bitters
- Orange peel garnish
Purchase everything you need with our Old Fashioned Cocktail Kit available for pickup.
Step 1: In your mixing glass add: 2oz Flor de Caña 12-year, ¼ oz Basil/Pandan Syrup & two dashes of Vanilla infused Angostura Bitters with ice.
Step 2: Stir for 15 seconds (No shaking required)
Step 3: Pour over Ice in Dad’s favourite glass
Step 4: Twist an orange peel over the drink and rub it all over the rim before placing it in the perfect position for your Instagram moment!
Step 5: Enjoy!
Kit makes 16 cocktails.