(March 5, 2021)
We are delighted to announce that we are open!
Vancouver Coastal Health continues to affirm that Anh and Chi has had no risk to staff or the public, and that we are safe to open. The staff member who tested positive is in good spirits, resting and recovering in isolation at home. In fact, the case was never present at our restaurant during when was believed to be his/her infectious period, so no one at Anh and Chi was at risk. All staff, proactively, have opted for a precautionary screen and all have tested negative.
The Public Health Nurse and Regional Health Officer were so kind. They reminded us that our safety and sanitation plans and execution are top notch, and to keep up our great work. Our team have been super supportive and compassionate, and one lean and mean, cleaning machine!
Thank you, our Anh and Chi community, for you support and understanding.
Now let's eat!
~ Your Anh and Chi Family
(March 04, 2021)
Dearest friends, family, and patrons,
As a result of a positive Covid-19 test by one of our team members, Anh and Chi has decided to voluntarily close for the next 24-48 hours, effective immediately.
We preemptively reached out to Vancouver Coastal Health, BCCDC and our regional Environmental Health Officer for advice. Collectively, they have assured us that we did not need to close at this time as there is little to no risk to our staff or to our patrons. Despite this, we have committed this time to regroup, deep clean and ensure all covid safety standards are being met or exceeded. All staff have been directed to Health BC’s self-assessment for testing and to closely monitor any changes in their health, if any.
As we prepare to open again, staff and visitors will continue to be required to wear a mask and properly distance while on the premises. We will continue to strictly adhere to our covid prevention protocols, which include daily screening health checks, the use of plexiglass, frequent and proper handwashing, and regular sanitization of high traffic areas with professional-grade cleaning products.
While no guests and staff are on the team member’s exposure contact list, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
The patronage and support of our community has always left us humbled and we can’t thank you enough for your understanding and continued support. We will continue to provide updates as to our reopening as soon as possible.
Anh and Chi Family
COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PLAN
Adjustments to our dine-in and take-out services have been made to meet additional public health and safety protocols as advised by the BC Health Authorities, WorkSafeBC and the City of Vancouver.
The health and safety of our guests and employees continue to be our number one priority. These are some steps we are taking to ensure the well-being of our guests and loved ones:
- Reducing service capacity to 50%
- Limiting the number of guests to a maximum of 6 people per table
- Socially distancing parties two meters from one another
- Additional use of plexiglass as needed
- Minimizing direct contact between staff and guests where possible
- Designating distinctive queues for dine-in and take-out guests
- Removing tabletop items and providing pre-portioned sauces into washable dishes
- Keeping our patio open (and heated!) to offer outdoor seating
Safety and Sanitation
- Providing hand sanitizer to all guests prior to entering and throughout the restaurant
- Sanitizing our menus after each use for guests who prefer hard copies
- Ensuring access to our menus online through designated QR codes
- Periodic disinfection of frequently touched surfaces
- Thoroughly sanitizing tables and chairs between each seating
- Ensuring all staff wear non-surgical masks and follow strict hand-washing procedures
- Only accepting cards and gift cards as payment methods
Contact Tracing and Prevention
- Keeping a record of one (1) guest per group’s contact information, in the event contact-tracing is needed
- Daily health checks with all employees prior to their shifts
- Guests and staff are reminded that if they are displaying Covid-19 symptoms, or have been in contact persons affected, to please stay home
- Requesting that all guests wear masks when not seated
Despite constant changes due to Covid-19, we will continue to update you with new developments based on service recommendations from BC’s Provincial Public Health Authorities, WorkSafeBC and the City of Vancouver.
Thank you for your ongoing love, care and support. Stay kind, stay safe!
~ Anh and Chi Family